Welcome to the 2012-2013 school year. I know that this year will be a wonderfully productive year for your student.
Last year, so much was accomplished by East Knox’s parents, staff, and students that our results show that we will maintain our Excellent rating. We:
1. Made Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) and reached the academic growth targets as set by No Child Left Behind.
2. Continued the implementation of Response to Intervention which is a process that helps insure that all students improve in literacy and math.
3. Implemented a Positive Behavior Support program, called Second Steps, that focuses on teaching students the positive outcomes of behaviors.
4. Continued to identify students who qualified for the Gifted and Talented program.
5. Our wonderful Healthy Lifestyle Coaches worked to maintain a Healthy Lifestyle program at East Knox.
6. East Knox staff met weekly in Professional Learning Communities to improve instruction and design interventions to boost and enrich student.
7. With the students, parent volunteers, and staff, we had many fabulous events at East Knox.
During the upcoming 2012-2013 school year, we will continue to pursue high academic expectations through dynamic, quality teaching, incredible parent involvement and a positive, safe environment which is beneficial for student learning. Also, just like last year parents of third and fourth graders will be able to access their child’s academic progress through PowerSchool. Through PowerSchool parents will be able to check grades, assignments, attendance, and communicate with their student’s teacher. To identify your specific learn needs, East Knox will be utilize assessments in the area of reading, writing, and mathematics to assess student achievement. This process helps pinpoint—to the goal-strand level—where your student is ready to advance, and where he/she need help. This will be the third year we have been implementing these assessments.
If at any time you need additional information, please use East Knox’s school website, you will be able to visit teacher classroom websites as well as access East Knox District information. Finally if you wish to contact me, please send me an email, call me at school, or drop by. I am always happy to see you.
Mrs. Genelle R. EggertonPrincipal,
East Knox Elementary School
Mrs. Eggerton's Blog
Last Modified on October 16, 2012